Ultraviolet – Ultrasound Water Disinfection System
The unique feature of LAZUR low pressure UV systems is the utilisation of short wavelength (253.7 nm) in combination with ultrasound in a single unit.
The synergetic action of UV light and ultrasound produces a bactericidal effect equivalent to a UV dose of 75 – 150 mJ/cm2 and ensures complete inactivation and elimination of pathogens in water at 99.9999% efficiency.
The application of combined UV light and ultrasound ensures reliable disinfection of water, including water of poor quality with very low UV transmittance, high level of suspended solids and high level of total dissolved solids.
The ultrasound action also prevents build-up of organic and inorganic deposits on quartz sleeves and chamber walls, thereby maintaining optimum UV intensity throughout the service life of the system without any need for costly mechanical or chemical cleaning.
The ultrasonic emitter, located directly in the Ultraviolet Radiation Chamber, causes the formation of short-lived minuscule steam-gas voids in the water under low pressure. These voids are formed around nuclei, which can be bacteria or fungi spores, etc. When the voids collapse, zones of extreme temperatures and pressures are created, thus destroying and shocking pathogenic organisms in close vicinity. Clumps of solids, such as sludge, are also disintegrated and otherwise shielded pathogens get exposed to UV light.
At the same time, low levels of free radicals, hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and other active species are generated in the process. Under ultraviolet radiation they contribute to disinfection and photochemical oxidation of substances in the treated water.
Main advantages of LAZUR over other UV systems:
- Reliable inactivation of UV-resistant micro-organisms through Ultrasound+UV destruction.
- The application of combined UV light and ultrasound ensures reliable disinfection of water, including waters of poor quality with low UV transmittance, high level of suspended solids and high level of total dissolved solids.
- Unlike conventional UV systems, LAZUR does not suffer from tailing effect and successfully inactivates particle-associated microorganisms.
- No accumulation of biological or chemical residue on the quartz sleeves due to ultrasound cleaning action. This provides continuous optimum UV intensity for reliable disinfection (other systems use manual or automatic devices for mechanical and chemical cleaning of sleeves).
- Due to the absence of mechanical cleaning devices, LAZUR system has no risk of UV lamps damage.
- Synergetic action of UV and Ultrasound provides high equivalent UV dose and less power consumption compared to other conventional UV system.
- The high equivalent UV dose of LAZUR system eliminates the risk of microorganisms re-activation during water storage after treatment.
- LAZUR systems are extremely effective in the elimination of chloramines in swimming pool water – drastically improving water and air quality in pools.
- LAZUR UV lamps have service life of over 18,000 hours
High bactericidal efficiency coupled with low capital, operational and maintenance costs make LAZUR systems an extremely competitive product for water disinfection needs.